Eye Care Expert Forum
bottom eyelid is bulging

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

bottom eyelid is bulging

Hi, a few years back my left eye had swollen up quite badly due to a cyst. i was using eyedrops and within a few weeks my eye was practically healed. however, recently i have noticed that in photo's taken since the cyst, my left eye looks slightly smaller, as the bottom lids seem to be bulging slightly. i have also developed what seems to be a lazy eye in the left eye.. i am really concerned that this is going to get worse, can you please tell me why this may be and what i can do to better it?
thanks alot
sonya
I don't think there is anything you can do without the help of an ophthlamologist.  Get another eye exam from your surgeon to try and figure out what is going on.  If you need to find a new doctor, search for one at www.aao.org.

HV