Eye Care Community
broken blood vessel in eye causing pain and headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I went to bed last night just like normal. I woke up and it hurt to blink so I went and looked in the mirror. The bottom outer part of the white on my eye is extremely red, not solid though. It is really painful around the eye and the eye itself. It even hurts right above my cheek bone and follows through all the way to just above my temple. In reaction to this I have a huge headache, is this normal???
I have the same problem, it has plagued me since I was about 17, I am now 23 I have had it happen three times in the last month! OUCH!
I went to a few doctors when I was younger, but nothing. I was working at the store and a Gentleman told me that he had the same problem and after a ton of Doc's one said it was his sinus's. I have not had the privilage of going to get it checked out, but as soon as I have insurance, I plan to. I wish I could help, I have been looking online for a while.