broken blood vessel in eye.
Last night I came home from working and being at my sisters and I looked in the mirror and I had a broken blood vessel in the right corner of my left eye... It was small dot with a little streek.. When I woke up this morning it was still red and it looks like another smaller one is under where the first one started however it could have just drained to that area. What causes this? The only thing i can think of is that I picked up my nephew ubove my head a few times and made him think he was flying. I dont remember coughing or sneezing. Should I go to the doctor? It doesnt hurt.
Most likely you have a conjunctival hemorrhage.  This will take about 1 to 2 weeks depending on its size to resolve.  It is associated with straining (lifting you nephew), cough, etc.  I would go to the doctor to get you blood checked if you also have bruising of your skin or bleeding gums.

Dr. O.
Thanks so much.. I do not have bleeding gums or bruises. My eye is already much better just the red dot left.