Eye Care Community
bump in my eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

bump in my eye

Yesterday I woke up and my eye was sore, today however I woke and my eye was in a lot of pain and  the upper eyelid was swollen with a small bump under my lid.  When I lifted up my lid (like the inside of my eye) there was a white bump, it sort of looked like a cacher sore or an ulcer, but a bump.  I looked up pictures of styes and of chalazions and neither of them look like what I have, and I have not been able to find a picture of the inside of an eye.  My school nurse said it is an odd place for a stye to form, but to put a warm towel over it for a while and maybe it would drain, it seems to be doing so becuase I lifted up my lid again and there was puss in my eye, and it feels like drainage, but I don't really know what a draining eye feels like since the eye is aready wet and it's not quite tears.  What could this be? Sorry for my bad descriptions but that's all I got.  Thanks
There is a wide variety of appearances of styes and chalazions depending on size and whether they are more prominent on the inside of the lid or outside.

It probably is a chalazion (a larger version of a stye) and you are doing the right thing to use warm compresses. Make them as warm as comfortably possible and use them a total of at least 45 minutes a day. If it is getting worse, not better, see your eye MD ophthalmologist to get an antibiotic by mouth to help the infection. This is a medical problem so your medical insurance should apply.

A chalazion is an infection of one of the oil glands which are deep in the eyelid and open close to the base of the eyelashes.
Thanks for your post, i actually just got exactly what you are describing and am hoping this will help. But i am wondering how long it took to go away and if it has happened to you again. Or if you ended up going to see a doctor instead. Thanks again ;)
-