Eye Care Community
bump on eyeball

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

bump on eyeball

I noticed this yesterday that I have a small bump on my right eye ball.  It its located in the middle of the eyeball and can be felt on the eye lid.  I can't see any pimple there.  What can this be?  It does not hurt.
Do you mean eyelid?  It is probably a chalazion.  See an ophthalmologist.  Find one on AAO.org

Dr. O.

Will I need a referral to see a ophthalmologist?  It fells like its on the eyeball, but I can only feel it on the eyelid if I close my eye.  

That depends on your insurance plan.

Dr. O.

I went and saw a ophthalmologist and the Dr checked the pressure in m eyes, LHS 14 and RHS15 and says thats good.  He then put a drop of Antistetick to may my eyes numb and also something else to make my puples dialated.  Took about 15mins and my eyes went blurry.  He then used a torch to look inside my eyes and check the veins?  says their okay too.  He said dont worry about the lump?
Dr,

Should I still be worried about the lump on the eyeball?  Its still there...
my mom noticed a small bump on her left eyeball under the top eyelid, it is defintely on the eyeball, she said it is a little sore to the touch, and other than chronic dry eyes she hasnt noticed anything different other than has a hard time opening that eye in the morning after she first wakes up, I am very concerned and have insisted she goes to the opthomologist tomorrow, i just was curious what this could be...just need my mind to be at ease...thank you so much