Eye Care Expert Forum
bump on top eyelid

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

bump on top eyelid

i have this bump on top of my right eyelid for few weeks now. about four weeks ago i started having little pain on the eyelid ..well few days later it got bigger and bigger and more painful.. about three weeks in to it it bursted and the bump went down, the dead skin fell off and the swelling was better .. still not completely normal like the left eyelid ... but it was some what better for about a week.. now it looks like the bump is coming back and i am having some pain in the eye and also sometimes  my vision is blurry out of only that eye.. the left eye has little more clearer vision..  I do have an appointment on tues with the optho doctor. but i want to know if i need to go see him sooner ... appreciate all the help you can give ..

thank you
Just call the office and explain that it is not just a lump but that eye is hurting and vision is decreased.  That should prompt the office to get you in within a day or so.  Try warm compresses in the meantime and call the ophthalmologists office and tell them your story and if they cannot help you in timely manner, tell them you will be getting a new doctor.

MJK MD