buried optic nerve drusen
Two days ago my son who is twelve was diagnosed with buried optic nerve drusens in the both eyes. One small one in each. His visual screening test showed slight sensitivity in his right eye, but normal on the left. His vision gets a little better every year we go for his exam. Also, he has a double stigmatism and without glasses 20/50-right eye, 20/30- left eye, corrected both 20/20. The doctor didn't seem too concerned and in fact told me that this was a good thing that he saw this, and would see us next year! (optic nerves seemed swollen bilaterally but mild, had an MRI=unremarkable) I know this is rare and of course went right to the internet to research. After doing some research, i found that most of the people who have this and are diagnosed as preteens usually by the end of the teen years have some peripheral vision change/loss. My question is, how likely is this to happen, or is the internet just getting to me? Also, is there anything more that I can do, (drops, holistic, routine) that can slow down the process? Finally, are there any specialists in the country (united states, boston area is a plus) that specialize in Drusen Syndrome for children?  Thank you so much in advance!!
No one can predict the future.  Unfortunately, there is no treatment.

Dr. O.