Eye Care Community
burning both eyes after cataract surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Cataracts removed July and August 2009. Severe burning both eyes. MD states dry eye reason for problem. Using Restasis twice daily, also Genteel eye drops several times daily and Genteel lubricant at bedtime. Problem is unresolved. Is there a solution to this problem or do I just have to learn to live with the constant burning. I am concerned that all of these drops may eventually have an impact on my vision.Thank you for your assistance
I have the same problem but I have only had one eye done so far. I had it done beginning of September and have to use eye drops and cool boiled water washes several times day and night.  It just burns and aches all the time. I am thinking twice about getting the other eye done, but I may have to as my vision is so unbalanced now. The one good thing is the sore eye does have very good vision, but I can't enjoy it with the pain.
This is very uncommon.  Frequent over the count tears will help if it is due to dry eye.

Dr. O.
It seems that all the docs want to say is "dry eye" and use drops.  It's funny that all this started after my cataract surgery.  Is there any connection?  How about those horrible eye drops used prior to the surgery that burned like crazy?  Or maybe it's the surgery it self that actually caused the problem.  I have had pain and burning for nearly nine months now since the surgery with many visits back to my doctor and specialists with all the usual dry eye, wrong oil BS.  They had me on the Restasis crap and antibiotics all without any sign of relief.  Oh, the eye drops felt good for a while but they weren't the solution.  It would be nice if the "experts" would get off their lazy behinds and actually find out what is causing this situation since it appears a lot of folks are experiencing the same sensations.   Maybe the kickback from all the big pharmaceutical companies is just so much for them to care.  I don't really care either if it's their fault if they would just come up with a fix.  I do get some relief from ibuprofen but I don't want to take it from now on.  Anyone have any real help or suggestions?
John
***@****
my issue is exactly the same. funny, they don't tell you about this possibility.  i think the compresses may be helping me....still too soon to tell. it has been 3 weeks for me.