Eye Care Expert Forum
burning hot steam in eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

burning hot steam in eyes
so, today my little sister was eating noodles and the soup was hot and burning.
She stuck her head in the bowl to eat the noodles but her eyes were so close to the
steamy soup, it almost touched it.
1). will her eyes be damaged from the really hot burning steam that entered her eyes?
It was hot so , her eyes felt uncomfortable.

2). also, what if her eyes were closed and the steam was burning her exterior part of the eyes, will this damage her interior part of the eyes?(because the skin on the eye was a little red)

*please help : thank-you so much!!!!
Dear sarabax11,

I would recommend that you take your sister to an eyeMD to have her eyes examined to determine whether any damage occurred.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

if her eyes doesn't hurt anymore, does it mean that she didn't really damage her eyes?