Eye Care Community
can stress manifest it self in your vision?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

hello everyone for starters i am 24 year old female and i have been stressed out about and depressed for about 2 mmonths cause i had a friend to die of and anurysum or tumor and i think it is starting to affect my vision i am starting tosee some red in my eye and when i closemy eyes sometimes or blink them tight and open them back up every thing is blurry is this normal for someone depressed  i went to the eye doctor aug 31 he dialated my eyes and said everything was fine i never had any of this to happen to me before until she died its relly scary and i dont know what to do PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!ALOS I HAVE FLOTERS like littlel lines sometimes  and i thik that i have pressure behind my eyes sometimes cause my eye balls feel relly hard and sometimes can stress relly affect your eyes any suggestions on what to do or what could be going wrong??????
Hello Lordhelpme.  Your symptoms do not suggest any time of cerebral aneurysm or life threatening condition. This is especially true if you have had a normal eye examination. It is far more likely your problem is depression and anxiety. I suggest you discuss this with your personal physician or make an appointment with a psychiatrist to try and deal with and work through your fears caused by your friend's death.

If you will use the search feature on this page you can learn about "Floaters" which are common and about one in five people you age have floaters.

You really need to do something to deal with your anxiety.

JCH III MD