Eye Care Community
cataract drops. These are working.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

cataract drops. These are working.

Hi;
Not a question but a story of my treatment. Hope it helps people.

I have cataracts. Vision in right eye was 20/60, bad. 3 eye docs wanted surgery. I went to my family doc , osteopathic, he prescribed me some custom made eye drops to dissolve the cataracts.
Now keep in mind that mainstream medicine says this is not possible.
  I have seen lots of eyedrops on the web and people say mostly that they do not work.
  I use something completely different. It is DMSO, a natural solvent from trees, with vitamin c and glutathione.
  Doc said it would take about 10 months or so. I have been using it since may. I was using it 1 time a day . I noticed that it was not doing much so I am now using 3 times a day, one drop. It has been about 1 month .
  I had a big floaty and some small ones. I noticed that the big one went away and I now have a lot of little ones. o I went to the doc and had my eyes checked. My vision is now 20/40 ! This is a lot better.
So surgery does not appear to be the only option.
  It is about 90.00 a month and it is custom made by a custom Rx. A lot cheaper than 4,000 an eye and glasses forever.
  I will try and keep this updated so you can get further results.
Please provide citations in the scientific literature (or elsewhere) which demonstrate that these drops can cure cataracts and are safe to use.  There are many "natural solvents" that can cause blindness (or worse!)  I don't think that paying $900 for something that doesn't work or has harmful effects is much of a bargain.
DMSO has been around for almost a century. It has been touted to cure everything from bad knees in horses to cancer in humans. There is no scientific evidence that it works. IT is good however for the incomes of the snake oil salesmen and shady websites that hawk these notions.

JCH MD
The drops are working for me. I need no scientific **** from mainstream medical out to make billions off of surgery .
The dmso does exactly what it is meant to do. It absorbs into the lens and takes the other ingredients with it. At least this is what I conclude from the properties of dmso.  Or do you doubt that dmso can absorb into your tissues ? Well for some proof why do you not put some arsenic in some and apply it to your skin and find out. If it does not absorb then you have no problem.

The drops are working for me and just because people like you would like to do surgery on every body so you can make a fortune with your unnecessary medical procedures and kick backs from the drug companies , is no reason for anyone to believe that an alternative to it will not work.
  Explain why my vision is improving. Maybe God did it. Allah ? The virgin ? I think not. Perhaps I am just very lucky. I had better go buy a lottery ticket.
By the way, as far as " safe to use " goes. I do not know. I have had no problems. Dmso has been used for many years for pain and it does work well. If you take it internally you could get cataracts. but this does not seem to be the case for topical use.
I will of coarse keep you updated as I stated before. If after a few more months I am not blind  or dying of some horrible ailment and my vision has improved even more, then I will say that it is safe at least for me.
Have you any proof that dmso, vitamin c or glutathione is dangerous ?

I am not a doctor and I am not trying to promote the sale of anything. Just giving an account of my treatment.

Also I can, I am sure, dig up countless cases of bad eye surgery.
-
My vision is sometimes 20/30,and sometimes20/50, and I am not using dmso. It is supposed to dissolve floaters? Then whomever you buy it from should give a free sample to everyone on this forum. I don t mean it.please. I just mean that if itworked, there would be research evidence, it would get approved. and money would be made.

You must have research evidence, before you use something like that.

You talk of cataracts, and  then floaters. What kind of surgery did they want to do on you? This is an important concern for you. Find an eye md at www.aao.org.and get your diagnosis clarified and a second opinion about the surgery, in case you did not see an EYE MD the first time. No Optometrists. We are trying to help you with the serious business of protecting your vision. We do not want you to be taken advantage of and misled.

Good luck,
Anna
It astonishes me that you are willing to put drops in your eyes which contain unknown ingredients "custom" made by whomever (kids working in their basement?)  And you've tripled the dose recommended by your "doc."  And you're paying $90+ a month to do this--with 10 months of this "treatment" suggested.  Tell me it isn't so.  (If you're in the market for another bargain, I've heard there's a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.)
A Darwin Award Nominee

JCH MD
No wonder this is one of my favourite websites. A real infotainment (information + entertainment).

Btw, DMSO is an acronym for Dimethyl Sulfoxide, a chemical compound of a byproduct of wood pulping. It has NPFA rating of 2, which means it is as flammable as diesel fuel.

As I dig further, extract from http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/dmso_wcp.htm
Precautions for Rimso-50 ‘Changes in the refractive index and lens opacities have been seen in monkeys, dogs and rabbits given high doses of dimethyl sulfoxide chronically. Since lens changes were noted in animals, full eye evaluations, including slit lamp examinations, are recommended prior to and periodically during treatment’.
Thank you walkietalkie. Think before you swallow me901.

JCH MD
I don't drink it. Also high doses in animals is most likely not a drop in the eye.  I have read that drinking dmso can cause cataracts.
If worse gets worse I guess I have to have cataract surgery. If not then I am better off.
  I have to pass a dot physical . Not possible unless my vision gets better. Without glasses any way. Unfortunately no docs around here seem to be able to make glasses that work. They work when looking into that eye exam machine but in the real world they only make it worse. Do not know why that is.
  But if this gets a little better I can pass without glasses. If it does not then I will have the surgery.
  Oh, by the way they wanted to do cataract surgery on me. I was told the floaters were caused by the cataracts.
  The doc could not seem to give me a straight answer as to how far I could see without glasses. I asked if I would be able to watch tv without them and he said no. That is why I opted out.
  Others told me that I would just need them to read and maybe for things a few feet away but not 5 or 6 feet.
-
Go to the health food store, buy some DMSO put it on a rag
and just try to burn it. diesel fuel is not water-soluble, DMSO
is water soluble..  DMSO Its no big deal so what... BOO!
Drink Coca-Cola don't waist your money on vitamin C
How concerned they all are on you wasting your money
please pass the MSG chips and corn sweetener and don't
look...

You are better off making your own (NAC) eye drops.
In order to patent and approve eye products they place
a small percentage N-acetylcarnosine in a FDA approved
solution similar to Visine......... Other amino acids can work
Do your research  do the work... cataract are
dissolvable, it just sugar glucose oxidization don't let Experts intimidate you... Take your health in to your own hands Study, even if you feel dumb. Any step toward health is a step toward health...

{Personal User opinion, The whole Kit & caboodle of "Nac" Eye-drops for cataracts Including all competitive brands from  Can-C To Ortho- eyes Is A terrible Pat. formula. That is irritating to the eyes. IF!  and of it self, by it self The "Nac" applied in a neutral  solution, with out the pharmaceutical eye wash crap included, which by no means can be considered the active ingredients, Then the product would be well worth purchasing. In fact the products are miss labeled to read N- acetyl -carnosine as an inactive ingredient, is that just to please the FDA? the whole point of the product is the active properties of the. The  boric acid benzyl alcohol citric acid potassium bicarbonate are useless,burning the eyes upon application.  In that case Why not just use Visine.. and who is kidding who about the Then listed active ingredient  as Glycerin toping it off with Hydroxypropyl methylcellulosen as the lubricant . This is not a natural product for the health conscious. Pharmacology has its applications, but this application of supplementation and the discovery of N- acetyl -carnosine reversing the effects of cataracts is ruined by the legal limitations
of putting anything in your eye. The intent is destroyed by marketing mania in a get rich scheme who buy in to a discovery and then  places the active  amino acid supplement in a pre Pat. pharmaceutical grade ophthalmic sterile eye solution with preservatives approved by the FDA to then justify putting it in to the eyes.  It burns and stings not worth it!  
  I have searched endlessly on line to obtain pure  N- acetyl -carnosine It is not easy to find or obtain. Then I could make my own Eye drops with out the crap included.
=
TO YE WHO SEARCH CATARACTS:  Go to the web site below to get precise information on HOW TO USE DMSO SUCCESSFULLY:

http://fourthdimensionalrecovery.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/8-25-2012-the-natural-cure-for-cataracts/

Based on a successful study of over 200 patients with mild to severe cataracts.  From Dr. Morton Walker's book "DMSO--Natures Healer"
The write-up also references Bruce Halstead on DMSO.

Note that the writer mentions the relationship between DMSO and Turpentine (a more crude form of DMSO).  Researching the internet will show that turpentine (just a few drops) was used successfully by our great grandmothers to cure illness before they were made to look foolish and embarrased by "know it all orthodox physicians".  (They still sometimes call naturopaths and herbalists "QUAKS" in their fear mongering tactics.)

I, personally am still alive at 77 due to NOT FOLLOWING DOCTORS ORDERS.  I had severe back aches. Doc's said take INDOCID for the rest of your life.  I said to myself go s_it in your hat. Went to a health food store for help and have not had back trouble to this day!  And I work and lift like I did when I was a young man.

I have found there are many home cures and preventions that work very well.  So do some good research, thorough research and then help yourself.
Believe in yourself and take responsibility for your health.  Hippocrates wrote: "Physician heal thyself"!  What he meant was be your own first and best doctor! Do it with intelligence and courage.  Remember all the TV adds
that are asking people to join along in sueing orthodox physicians and Big Drug companies for maligning and injuring even killing trusting patients.
Note that SIDE EFFECTS of many BIG PHARMA drugs include DEATH!  
Gee's, lucky it isn't something serious, just a mere side effect.

Also remember: more than 50% of people who've had cataract surgery are not WELL SATISFIED with the results.  Again do your research in advance of ANY treatment.
I wish you all the best and good luck with your cataracts.