Eye Care Expert Forum
cataract surgery problems

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

cataract surgery problems

I had cataract surgery on left eye using AcrySof MA60AC IOL three months ago.
I have some problems I am unable to find the answer to.

(1) When looking at a point source of light at night (street lights,etc)
     I get a Horizontal beam of light streamming from center to right and left of center,expanding as it extends out. with a short stream from center to right at about two oclock.

(2) I know this sounds funny,but we just had a full moon.
     I see the moon clearly,But at 10 oclock and 8 oclock I see 1/2      overlapping moons at about 1/3 the intensity of the actual moon.
     Only with the left eye.
thank you Gary
answered on the other eye forum
JCH MD
ive had the same problem,im at 6 months it will get better still have still not as bad,its th shine of the lens,the lens is crystal clear,your brain will adjust to it,if you look away then look again at the light you get the beam of starburst appear,but if you carrying on staring at light it tapers off,its your pupil dilating to focus through lens
-
answered on the other eye forum

WHERE
The same question or almost the same was posted and answered on the other eye forum yesterday.
JCH MD
HOW do I navigate to the other fourm to get the answer ??
gary
Go to Forums (first menu item across the top of your screen) then choose Health Forums, then under the Community column (the left one) choose Eye Care.
Thank You
You have given needed imfo (there) to help understand my problem.
I will respond their
please give me time to collect my thoughts to explain more clearly
the whole problem
gary
-
Hello! Help pls! My white inner part of my left eye is beginning to, how can i say this, crawl over my Iris (the colored part of my eye).

You can't really tell well in the picture, however, you can see the inner white part of my eye has began to kind off take over or crawl into the colored part of my eye.

My dad has, i believe, had cataracts removed form his eye, as well as my grandpa. Is this the same???? I am freaking out because I have never had anything like this and i am know it is gradually beginnig to consume over my iris Lining the outer part of my colored eye and i'm worried it's just going to ocntinue going in, help please! any info what I may have???

Thank u!!!
This is not the same as a cataract.

My feeling is you need to see an opthalmologist (check www.aao.org org to find one in your area).  I'm sure one of the contrbuting opthalmologists here will respond as well (possibly tell you the same thing), but to obtain a quicker reply it might be better to start a new thread since your condition is unrelated to cataracts.

Best of luck to you.