Eye Care Expert Forum
cataracts and retinal tears
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cataracts and retinal tears

The past year I have had a detached retina (r) eye which was repaired 4/28/10 ; a (r) cataract removed and a membrane peel 12/15/11 also on my right eye.  My vision in my right eye is now about 20/50. Objects appear smaller than other eye can I expect my vision to improve in that (r) eye?     Also In my left eye I have had two retinal tears repaired with a laser the last one on 1/21/11.  My question is do laser repairs for retinal tears cause cataracts to become worse since I now have a cataract on this (L) eye which seems to be impairing my vision some and when might the risk for a detachment be reduced to have this cataract removed?  What surgeon the cataract or retina surgeon do think would be better qualified to perform cataract surgery to minimize the risk of a detachment associated with cataract surgery? I return to my retinal surgeon the end of this month. Thank you very much for your response.