cataracts and retinal tears
The past year I have had a detached retina (r) eye which was repaired 4/28/10 ; a (r) cataract removed and a membrane peel 12/15/11 also on my right eye.  My vision in my right eye is now about 20/50. Objects appear smaller than other eye can I expect my vision to improve in that (r) eye?     Also In my left eye I have had two retinal tears repaired with a laser the last one on 1/21/11.  My question is do laser repairs for retinal tears cause cataracts to become worse since I now have a cataract on this (L) eye which seems to be impairing my vision some and when might the risk for a detachment be reduced to have this cataract removed?  What surgeon the cataract or retina surgeon do think would be better qualified to perform cataract surgery to minimize the risk of a detachment associated with cataract surgery? I return to my retinal surgeon the end of this month. Thank you very much for your response.
I"m sure you mean 12/15/10 not 11     Vitrectomies cause cataracts to develop and/or progress. Most retina surgeons do not do cataract/IOL surgery.

JCH MD
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.