Eye Care Community
cateract surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

cateract surgery

My dad had cateract surgery 9 days ago without much improvement.  He got the kind of lens that you won't need glasses anymore.  He does have some macular degeneration.  Is this unusual for him to have no improvement after 9 days?  Thank you.  
While you are waiting for the doctor's response you should mention the specific lens that was used for your dad...i would think he would want to know that...
Some details would be helpful.  You should discuss the situation with his doctor.

Dr. O.
Thank you for getting back to me.  My dad says he had a laser cateract surgery.  I don't know more than that since he is in his middle 80"s and does not live near me so I have to go by what he says. He also says he has stigmatism if that helps.  His doctor is stumped and is sending him to see another specialist.  I am just concerned that if his eye has not clearned up by now that it probably won't.  He refuses to  have the other eye done until this one is better and I totally agree with him.  
Don't know if this helps but I did learn that he had a toric replacement lens.  His eye is still not totally clear and no change from when I lasted posted.