causes for optic nerve swelling
recently i had eye exam.my doctor saw swelling on my eye nerve(or optic nerve) he told that it could be beacouse of BRAIN TUMOR or anything else.i also had MRI . i have  some semtoms what doctor said for BRAIN TUMOR and some dont.iam dying to know wether it is BRAIN TUMOR or anything else. please tell me what exeactly i have?
While brain tumors can cause swelling of the optic nerve (papilledema) it is not the only cause and there are other less serious causes. Also there are some conditions (buried optic nerve drusen) that can make the optic nerve look like papilledema when it isn't (pseudopapilledema).

You will need to work with a neurosurgeon or neurologist and the Eye MD ophthalmologist to determine the cause.

JCH MD