Eye Care Community
chemosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

chemosis

I had eye lift surgery in October . top and bottom and I have chemosis, since in my rt eye. How long before it goes away. Sometimes I think it is better and then it is the same. I was on Pencillin for two weeks because of a root canal and I thought it lessened the swelling, and was getting better. Yesterday I developed a floater, but it is gone today. My rt eye tears sometimes

This discussion is related to Unknown tissue or skin, what could it be?.
A reasonable period of time would be 8 weeks, longer than that it would not be considered a routine part of post operative swelling. Discuss with your surgeon.

JCH MD