Eye Care Community
choroidal neovascularization

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

choroidal neovascularization

I went to the doctor due to blurry vision, the did some tests and a retinal specialist said I had a choroiditis.  A few days later went back for a check up. Seemed to get better on its own, retinal specialist  requested a follow up week later.  5 days later was back with worsening vision.  The dr said I had choroidal neovascularization and recommended an avastin shot that day, which i had.  That was 3 days ago.  Trying to understand what is going on with my sight.  I am 43 years old with high myopia but otherwise healthy.   Can my vision be restored?  Trying to understand the risks and prognosis at this point, all comments are appreciated.
Your questions can only be answered by the Eye MD retina specialist that did the injection. make a list and ask next time in.  It is unlikely that he/she will be able to tell you how much of your vision will return. There are quite a few causes of choroidal neovacularization and you will need to ask which cause you have.

JCH MD
Thanks for your reply.  Part of my concern is that I have asked what causes this condition, how best to control it, can it reoccur, etc.   the answer I have gotten is
        " no one really knows why this happens, in your case it's likely from the high level of near sightedness, it can reoccur, we can't predict if these injections will help you, but they have shown some promise with little risk"

Given my age and, like everyone else, vision is key to my profession, I want to ensure I'm doing all I can to help achieve the best outcome for myself.  Your advice  and comments are appreciated.
It sounds to me like you were given a precise and honest answer. You can use the search feature and archives and read about "myopic macular degeneration"

JCH MD