Eye Care Community
clorox in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

clorox in eye

well,i was cleaning and rubbed my eye with clorox,i felt a burn and i went and grabbed the shower head and rinsed my eye out for ten min. it has been 3 days and i think the water or the pressure caused dry and itchy eyes,what do i do now?is it possible i rinsed all mynatural eye juices away? how long till they go back? thank you very much
No you won't stop normal tear production. If your vision is good and there is no severe pain try buying artifical tears and using every couple of hours waking hours.  That small amount of clorox will not normally cause bad problems.

JCH MD
thank you so very much for your time.
u r welcome
JCH MD
i hate to bother you,i just don't understand why i am still having dry and mild irritation still? you are correct about the Clorox because both my eyes are irritated not only the right one that got rubbed,how long before this resumes to normal in your expert opinion?would you agree at the possibilities of all the water and pressure  causing this? thank you again,i understand if you are to busy to answer back
oh,i just got back from dr, he did not dilate my eyes to  check me,why? he looked at them and told me whites are irritated and gave me a steroid drop.
no need to visit a dr for that one, simply ignore & use artificial eye drops as much as you like for 1 week or so. it will clear by itself.