Eye Care Community
cloudy vision weeks after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

cloudy vision weeks after surgery

Four weeks ago i had cataract surgery on my left eye and a few days ago i had the right eye done. Vision in my right eye is excellent one day after surgery, i can see text on my computer at 20 inches away and distant vision is very good. My left eye on the other hand is still  cloudy and  I also see halos when looking up at a ceiling light. I failed to mention i have Glaucoma in both eyes, the left eye being my worse. After multiple visits to my doctor he sees nothing wrong with the implant.Is there someting I should be asking him to check .The lens implant is Alcon AcrySof IQ.
It is important that you have a common frame of reference. If you are talking about your vision WITHOUT glasses and its not as clear as you would like but your surgeon is talking about vision WITH glasses being good there is just a communication problem and your vision WITH glasses when you get them should be satsifactory.

However if the vision WITH glasses LE is not as good as RE then you need an explanation. It could be that the glaucoma is worse in that eye, it is important to know that the vision when you were young was good in both eyes. Some people have lifelong reduced vision in one eye (amblyopia).

If its not glasses and not glaucoma then I would suggest you ask for a second opinion OR that your surgeon do both a macula OCT and an optic nerve OCT test. That can tell if there is more damage from glaucoma and also to be sure your LE does not have "cystoid macular edema" which is a common cause for reduced vision after cataract surgery. It can usually be treated to get the fluid to absorb.

JCH MD