colored spots and flashes
My daughter is seeing colored spots and flashes as well . She is 8 years of age. It started happening when she was 5 and went away after a couple of months.  Now it has been back for 4 months. We have had hers eyes checked by two specialists and both have said they can't find anything wrong. She is the top student in her class with many acadimic awards. Please help.

This discussion is related to 7 Year old seeing spots and flashes.
Could possibly be visual migraines.  She may be able to describe it better as she gets older.  But do some research on visual migraines and see if her symptoms line up with that.

MJK MD
Well, I could see  the flashes she gets once a day or so possibly related to visual migraines but not the colored dots or spots that are presents all day every day. Emily just had another doctors appointment and she can't find a thing wrong.  
I am curious to know if you found out anything?
My 8yr old son has been seeing colored spots now for about 2-4mths and he says he sees them all the time.
I had his eyes checked, dilated everything, they said everything was fine, we went today and had EEG and CT scan done, and waiting on results, but this is so different.
thanks
Cari
I to experience these symptoms. I also suffer from anxiety disorder and depression. It is a worry as there could be so many reasons for this, however I have had my eyes checked and there doesn't seem to be a problem with my vision. The other possibility is that this is brain related. The chances are, are that these symptoms are not life threatening, however, I would recommend you research the internet thoroughly on migraine as there appear to be many varieties of this condition that tally with my own symptoms. Alternatively you could see a neurologist as he or she could do a thorough examination to rule out any rare serious diseases. I haven't taken this option myself as I have had these experiences for some time and tried to accept them. I hope all will be revealed as this is an enigma!
My 7 year old granddaughter has just started to see colors when she looks at something or someone.  She told me that she can see me but I'm blue or purple or pink.  I asked her when it started and she said right after it snowed.  We had snow maybe 3 weeks ago.  My dtr in law took her to the pediatrician and he said she had 20/50 vision and that they should take her to an eye doctor to get glasses.  I took her to an optometrist and he said that he thought it was her imagination.  I told him that she is not that type of child.  She doesn't make stuff up.  He said he was not aware of any diseases that would cause it.  What is this?