Eye Care Community
constricted pupils

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

constricted pupils

Last night my wife asked me if I was on drugs in a joking manner, as she told me my pupils are very constricted. I let it go, however got up this morning and my pupils are still constricted, they are not changing due to light change. No I do not do ANY illegal drugs....should I go a few days before having it checked? My vision seems absolutely fine
do you take pain meds???
I'm not understanding why this was posted in here.
No I dont take any pain meds. However Im on two medications one is sertraline 100mg/daily, then as needed Lorazepem. Which I took two of those on monday.....The constricted pupils started sometime on tuesday
Some clarification would be helpful.  You said you don't take any ILLEGAL drugs....so you don't understand your pinpoint pupils.  But you posted this question in a "substance abuse" forum?

If you don't take any drugs of any kind.....legally prescribed or not, then I'd see your eye dr if you are concerned~

sorry I dont know how I posted in this forum. I was just trying to do research and came across this, so decided to ask. I have listed my medications above.
Hey sorry justaguy33....I was typing while you were typing.

I read now that you are on an AD and a benzo.....when you read the precautions for lorazepam, one of the statements is to be sure and tell your dr if you have glaucoma (narrow angle, I believe)....so it's possible that a change or intake of the benzo could affect your pupils accordingly.

I was on the very same meds you are on at one time in my life, and yes, I had pupil changes.  While taking the meds, my vision was GREAT too.
It's when I went off ALL of them that my pupil size changed and my vision got blurry for awhile.  Just a guess, but it's probably the lorazepem affecting your pupil dialation.
Clean n ks

Sorry I was short with my comment and that's exactly what I meant? Not sure that I get the question and if not on any drugs why post here. And it says addiction substance abuse on the threads.

Are you sure you aren't needing help with something else? Just a guy33
Ahhhh just read the other comments as well. Sorry
thank you
thank you
-