continued scleral buckle pain 7 weeks post.
I had a detached retina, not realizing that was my problem I waited almost 2 months to have it repaired.  It did not get to my central vision, but was close. I have degenerative Lattice. On 12/22/12 I had a scleral buckle and my pupil is enlarged and will no longer constrict.(Which I have been told will be collateral damage)   I am still in pain all the time.  I have had my eye rechecked several times and have been told it is all perfect and my eye should not be hurting. I have hurt more since day one than he ever said I would experience.  He said I would have minor discomfort for a week. He can't believe it's my eye, even though this pain only started when I had this procedure.  My regular eye doctor put me on a drop which he said is similar to aspirin and  Refresh PM. That has helped some. As of last week it no longer feels like my eye is being squeezed but just being pushed down, almost a burning pain and once I wake up it is sore to move. Last week I noticed I have a new bump on my sclera, which my Dr. said was normal. Even though I said it was a new bump, it has started to go down, but still there. The dilated pupil makes it hard to stay in light (wear sunglasses) or see in the dark, especially driving because I have horrible night vision. I have made an appointment with a second Retinal Specialist just to make sure all is well. Maybe I am just an incredibly slow healer? My Retinal Specialist and Eye Dr. said the buckle looks good, so why am I still in constant chronic pain? What questions should I be asking? My Retinal specialist told me to stop the steroid drops, so I have.  I look forward to the day I get to wear my contacts again, I miss them so!  Thank you for any advice and help.
The dilated pupil is probably due to prolonged use of dilating drops, especially if atropine was used. You should not be having pain at this point, but it is common to have some discomfort which is usually relieved by steroid drops.  

Dr. O.
I am stopping the Prednisolone Acetate drops but was told to continue the Ketorolac 4 times a day.  So can the pressure and burning feeling I have last longer than is typically stated? (My eye pressure is normal) I have a lot of pressure points around the eye socket that are still painful.  What questions should I be asking? I do not doubt my surgeons ability to perform my procedure, but I do feel horrible when he has no idea why I am in pain and can't seem to believe it could have anything to do with my eye. Feeling very hopeless and frustrated.