corticosteroids with narrow angle glaucoma
I've had narrow angle glaucoma for 30 years.....I've also had cataract surgery on both eyes....the second surgery in October of last year. I have not been cleared by my doctor to discontinue the nightly Travatan Z drop .....The surgeon turns his patients over to a optometrist in the practice for continued cataract care, so I haven't seen my doctor since the surgery. In a few days, I have an appointment with a rheumatologist (new patient) and plan to request corticosteroid shots in two fingers and foot. Do you believe there would be a problem with me having the shots? Or any other rheumatoid arthritis meds? Thank you....
I doubt the cortisone shot will cause a problem.  Your optometrist can measure the IOP and determine if the Travatan is still needed.

Dr. O.
Thanks for the response.....I made an appointment to see my ophthalmologist next week for a complete exam....Hopefully, I can discontinue using the Travatan Z.....I'm concerned there are side effects with long term use when there is no longer a pressure need.