Eye Care Community
damage of optic nerves

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

damage of optic nerves

Dear sir,

My mother was operated 5 times for brain tumer operation. 5th time when she was operated in may 2009 her optic nerves are damaged and her eyes are closed it is not opening. when she open her eye with the help of her hand she can see every thing means she has the vision but eyes remain closed. Doctor says that optic nerves are damaged and 3rd and 5th nerves suffering with bells palsy.

Pls help me for the same
She needs to see a neuroophthalmologist and after that perhaps a oculoplastic surgery. Her problem is very hard to "fix".

JCH MD