darkening vision in left eye
for the past few days ive noticed that my vision on my left side is darkened and  it is continuous.. it doesnt go away and come back... its been there constantly.. my eye doesnt hurt... its just frustrating.. im starting to be impaired by the lost of vision from the darkening...  what i can describe it as...   if you rub your eyes really hard and your vision goes black.. when  your vision starts coming back from that you will start to see swirls of bright blue and white and not be able to see a full image until your vision returns back to normal....  well.. my eye seems to be stuck on that half way back to seeing....  i have a past of migraines but i havent had one for a couple weeks.... i usually get a migraine every week or two.. ive had them since i was 11 because i fractured my skull and was in a coma for 5 days... since then i get headaches for the tiniest reasons... walking up hill... sneezing.. coughing.... stuff like that... anyway.. thats that part of the history.... other than that i have to say that i wear contacts continuously... but if i ever have a problem with an eye from wearing them.. its always my right.. but its the left that has the darkening of vision....

please tell me what this could possibly be.. what do i need to do to take care of it?
I don't want to alarm you but if I understand what you are saying correctly, I had similar symtoms which proved to be a detached retina.  If it is a detached retina, you need to see a retina specialist as soon as possible (now).
thank you very much.... i will get an appointment asap...
See an ophthalmologist ASAP.  You want to rule out a retinal detachment.

Dr. O.
thank you very much Ray... this isnt going to mix with my social anxiety very well.. thats for sure :P
i saw an ophthalmologist a couple days ago... and i was told that i have ocular migraines... there is fluid in front of my retina and that is what is causing the darkened vision  and the swirls of color as well as swirls of blur....
the ocular migraine is due to a lot of stress.... ive never heard of ocular migraines before... but.. this is what i was told....