defused edge to iris
I noticed the other day my partners outer edge of one of his iris' disappears about the bottom right section, the iris is not round, it looks like the white of his eye has run over the edge of the iris and caused a cloudy effect.  is this normal if not what can it signify.  he has been under a great deal of stress recently could this be the cause?
It most likely is a cornea arcus. Usually due to age like hair graying. in younger individuals can be due to high blood choleserol. See an eye MD find one at www.aao.org

Use Google IMAGES and serach corneal arcus senilis to see if this is what it looks like.

JCH III MD
looked at the web pictures, looks nothing like any of them, it looks like a cloud has passed over part of the iris, almost to the centre, it doesnt have a defined edge isnt in a ring shape or spotted  and no colour shows through, his eyes are dark brown but in this area it is white.
may I add my partner is 46 a little young for cornea arcus senilis maybe?  it doesnt look like chorlestorol pictures either