Eye Care Community
dilation after vitrectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dilation after vitrectomy

My eye is still dilated almost three weeks post-vitrectomy.  For the first two weeks I was instructed to use Isopto Hyoscine 0.25% drops, which I believe held the eye in this position.  But I haven't used that for four days now and the iris still hasn't resumed function.  I'm wearing a brimmed hat even inside and it's really bright outdoors.  Won't see my retinologist for another 10 days.  I'd appreciate any information or help you can offer.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Often strong drops are used to dilate the pupil and these can take 2-3 weeks to wear off. On the other hand after vitrectomy some people have a permament dilated pupil. Only time till tell. Best of lcuk.
JCMD
Blank
I had a detached retina and had a vitrectomy, scleral buckle and silicone oil.  My pupil stayed very dialated for months.  It has been almost 6 months and I had another vitrectomy 6 weeks ago to take out the oil.  My pupil has not completely returned to normal but is slowly getting there.  Don't give up hope.  I know it is hard to not worry about it.  My doctor said sometimes they never return to normal but they can still get better much later.  
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Thank you both for the encouragement.  I'll try to be patient.  :-]
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank