Eye Care Community
discolored sclera

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

discolored sclera

Lately I have noticed that the sclerotic layer of my eyes are very dull and discolored.  They now have a yellowish, to brownish tint, and also contain some brownish spots. I am 31 years old, and on blood pressure meds. could this be one of the resaons?  Is this condition reversable?
Could be from too much wind or sun or smoking or bad work envronment with lots of dust debris.  SOme of it could be natural racial pigmentation.  Usually, the problem cannot be reversed but  you can wear sunglasses that wraparound and protect from wind and dust as well.  Some drops can help to slow down degeneration of conjuctival tissue and reduce redness and swelling.  See an ophthalmologist to find out what you have and what to do about it.

MJK MD