Eye Care Community
double vision after cataract surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

double vision after cataract surgery

Hi:  I just had cataract surgery this past week and i too have double vision and of course floaters.  I know nohing can be done about the floaters but i see two tvs one on top of each other.  I go in for followup on friday so i will find out what can be done.  The surgeon told me that was normal to have double vision and I believe that.  No new floaters to report too.  Mine seem to be getting tinier what does that mean when they are clearing to white color and becoming tinyier all the time; are they fading away?  Maybe they are going away from the retina finally.  I also hate that weiss ring.  Thanks for any help.  Barbara.  Hope you all have a successful surgery recovery.  

This discussion is related to Double vision after cataract surgery.
-
Hi:  What does - mean?  Thanks; Barb.  how are you?  Sorry that you have to go through floaters as well.  I remember you having floaters; how many years have you had them?  What does it mean when they are white?

What type of lens that you had implanted?
"-" means I have read the conversation thread to that point and do not feel a need to respond.

I have had floaters more than 40 years.

Most floaters are black, white, translucent

JCH MD
I just had cataract surgery yesterday and am noticing tons of floaters - not a 'shower' of them but random floaters that I assume were obscured by the cataract. I am seeing my retinal specialist on Friday so not too alarmed. They are very annoying though especially when they pass in my center field of vision. Still I would take them any day over the cataract - so happy it is finally gone.
As long as you don't have bright flashes of light or loss of peripheral vision seeing your retina MD Friday should be fine.
JCH MD
Hi Dr. Hagan; well my floaters are finally getting better; thanks for helping me through this time.  I did have monofocal lens; it really did not shift that much but my double vision seems to be clearing up all the time; I am finally reading out of that eye!  Things are starting to get better; my flashes of light are not all the time; i apologize for not getting to your response Dr. Hagan; have been having some inflammation and the drops are healing my eye.  This has been a tough time but I am making it.  Thanks for your support; i also have a wonderful husband for 20 years who has been helping me through this; I help him when he is going through tough times; we help each other the best we can; we are best friends to each other and really support each other too.  It is wonderful when you fine someone who really loves you!  Thanks for your help; Dr. Hagan; but mine are clear white lines and they are fun to look at now; i would kind of miss them; but they are decreasing as well; even the mickey mouse doesnot bother me as much now.  I even say goodmorning to him.  Keep in touch; thanks for this forum; this is great; i even get used to the flashes when i do have them but not all the time now and maybe some evenings when the sun goes down; i just have one small tiny black dot too.  They are becoming old friends now; my husband even said they are my best friends too.  Barby
Thanks for the story with a happy ending.
JCH MD
Thanks Dr. Hagan too again for responding.  Things do get better after a PVD!  I will testify that; have not seen one yet in the right eye but I do have tiny floaters; one more question; can you have floaters and never have a pvd?  That is a new question; Barby
Yes in very young people (infants children) floaters can occur due to debris left in the eye from the embryonic formation while still having not PVD.

JCH MD