Eye Care Community
double vision because of brain tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

double vision because of brain tumor

i have double vision because of a brain tumor that i had surgically removed. it has been a year and a half, still, I'm not close to "normal" eyes. they said I've hit the stage where my eyes very slowly improve. i can't walk properly because one reason is my eyes. what can i do to speedily fix my eyes? i want to walk. i stopped going to school because of this. can glasses fix my double vision?
I'm very sorry for your problems.  First, you can patch one eye if you have to, in order to stop the double vision.  Second, you should see a pediatric ophthalmologist to determine the amount of misalignment, the cause, and possible treatments.  It is possible that prism glasses could help but I  can't be sure without knowing more measurments.  If problem is due to a paralysis or palsy of one particular extraocular muscle, then the misalignment could be too great to treat with prism.  This is a complex case and deserves a lot of attention.  Good Luck.  If you need help finding a qualified ophthalmologist - let me know where you are and I can help find someone.

Michael Kutryb, MD