Eye Care Community
double vision one eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

double vision one eye

I have double vision in one eye.  I have gone to a retinal specialist and he can not find any problem.  He belives that it is a carry over from my childhood of having double vision in both eyes that was corrected by prysms.  Just the other day the single eye double vision was to the point that I had to close that eye to read highway signs.  When I put pressure on the effected eye at about 20 degrees to the right of center the double vision was abated.  I have tried this over and over and the results are the same, clear vision.

What could this be and how can it be corrected.

Sincerely,

Ron
Double vision from a retinal problem is just about non existent.  Most cases of monocular double vision is in the lens or the cornea.

See an ophthalmologist.  

Dr. O.
Wow, double vision in ONE eye, you got me beat....
Solution. sunglasses, black tape, scissors = temporary solution to prohibit you ( or I )  from reaching psychosis.