Eye Care Expert Forum
drusens
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
drusens
I had a 2 year check-up by a MD ophthalmologist physician. He said my eye sight had not changed in 2 years and everything looked good. He did say I had 5 to 10 very small drusens in each eye, but said not to worry that he sees this sometimes in people at my age (60).But I looked drusen up on the internet and it talks about macular degeneration. Now I am really worried that I will lose my sight. Should I see some one for a second check up ? THANKS
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
I answered this questions on the patient to patient forum

JCH III MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
To: JCH III MD
He said they were very small hard drusens(10).He had me look at a amseler grid and  some small parts were missing with a bump on some of the lines.He took pictures of my eye and put a dye in my arm and took more pictures,said tests looked good.He said drusens some times will cause irregular vision.Do you agree with this? Would you get a second appt.with a doctor, should I take supplements ? THANKS
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
Yes you should take an AREDS like supplement plus a multivitamin and Yes your work-up seems adequate. Be sure you return as directed for regular exams.

JCH III MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Do you agree with the doctor that the drusens can cause irregular vision in that eye ?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now