Eye Care Community
dry eyes and big pupils
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry eyes and big pupils

do eye drops that are for dry eyes make your eyes moist and make the pupils smaller? are there anything that makes the pupils smaller other than pilocarpine?
Tags: eyes, pupils, dry eye, Dry eyes, Allergy, s, infants, miosis, pilocarpine, ptosis, visine, Horner, horners Syndrome
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Artifical tears should have no effect on the size of the pupil. Allergy drops like Visine may on occassion dilate a pupil somewhat, especially a light colored iris and in contact wearers.

There are some drops that are not used much anymore (phosphaline iodide) that make the pupils smaller and some very exotic drops used by neuro-ophthalmologists to aid pupil abnormalities.

Previous trauma, previous eye surgery, Horner's Syndrome (ptosis (droopy eyelid) and miosis (small pupil),  infants and the very aged all make the pupil smaller.

JCH MD
Blank
my puil in my right eye is very large and its very sensiive to the light right now and can not keep my eye open forno more than 3 mins straigh someone let me know or something before go to doctors
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No one can tell you anything that will be useful. You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician (NOT AN OPTOMETRIST). Find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Blank
I am a parent with an almost 18 year old who knows everything.  He has recently been smoking marijuana.  I tell him I can tell by the redness in his eyes, which he tries to use (clear eyes), and I think his pupils get enlarged, they almost look dilated?  Could this be true.  They defintely get bigger?  Am I imagining, cause he tells me I don't know what I am talking about.  Please tell me what to look for, as I am onto him, and won't tolerate this behavior.  
Concerned Mom
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes that could be a sign of using illegal drugs, other drugs beside majijuana can cause those symptoms
JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank