Eye Care Expert Forum
excessive eye blinking and rolling of the eyes
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

excessive eye blinking and rolling of the eyes

my 7 almost 8 year old son has blinked a little more then normal the past few months, he is shy and i thought it was just due to anxiety because it seemed to happen when he talked to new people and he seemed nervous.The past week it has become more excessive and sometimes his eye balls go upward when it happens. He said it doesn't hurt, that he can still see when it happens, and he knows its happening but cannot control it.I am extremly worried. The only things that have changed around our home is that he has a new baby brother who was in the hospital for a month, he is not the jealous type and is an amazing helper so i was thinking maybe stress? Or could it be something more serios?