Eye Care Expert Forum
eye botox injection

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye botox injection
I had a botox injection in my left eye.  my eye has not been alligned, but has gone in.  I now have double vision when i look straight ahead or toward the left.

However, when i look towards the right, the eyes are aligned properly and I don't get double vision.

Is it normal for the eye to go in?

I thought these injections had very accurate results, I was aware that I could get double vision, but is this because my eyes are not aligned properly?

Had the eyes been aligned properly would i still get double vision?

As the effect of the botox wears out, will the eye go back to its original position and will the double vision dissapear?

Mrs H.

I'm sorry but the effect of the botox will wear off after 3-6 months.  You need to have a long talk with your ophthalmologist to discuss all the details of your specific case.  I don't understand why surgery was not an option?

MJK MD