Eye Care Community
eye crossing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye crossing

Hi my 3 year old daughter has been crossing her eyes for the past 2 weeks, its not all the time just every now and then and not just when she looks at something up close.  I also asked if she new she was crossing them and she said no,  when I asked her to show me again she could not do it. So she doesn't seem to be doing this on purpose.  Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Thank You
Tags: eyes
It is not normal. Yes you should be concerned. She may be developing accommodative esotrophia which often develops between age 2 and 4. It is very important to get her in to a eye MD ophthalmologist that practices pediatric ophthamology-strabismus.

In the USA find one at www.aao.org

JCH II IMD