Eye Care Expert Forum
eye dialation

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye dialation

had my eye dialated 4 days ago and my eye is still dialated....have had my eyes dialated many times in the past and this has never happened....i live in phoenix at low altitude and am in keystone colorado which is at 9500 feet altitude....could this be a reason??    i have had no change in other medications...i only take the smallest dose of lexapro each day....the only other medical condition was having had my prostate removed in february this year after having been diagnosed with prostate cancer....
Dear Mosie54,

I would recommend that you get your eyes checked to determine the cause of the dilation.  You do not mention whether it is one eye or both. It can be as simple as placement of a longer acting drop or as serious as a nerve problem in your brain.  Please go to AAO.org and find an EyeMD and see a doctor where you are visiting.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California 92121