eye flashes and TIA's?
I had cataract surgery in 2003. I developed a secondary one in 2006 and had lazar on that but vision was not good and was told a montha ago that it didn't work and an app;t with a specialist coming up. . I'm experiencing flashes in that eye (coloured) saw my optometrist today. He checked for retina detachment which was okay. But he found 6 black spots on the eye which wasn't there two months ago. Is there a connection between flashes as I experienced and TIA's which I had two in 2004? I'm due to see a specialist in a few weeks re the secondary cataract which needs fixing.

Yvette
It's very, very unusual for a yag laser (capsulotomy) "not to work". Do several hundred of these per year I have not had to do a second procedure in over a decade.  I don't know what to make of the black spots as I don't know where they are or what they look like. TIAs are generally not like vitreous flahses. In TIA the defect persists for minutes to hours whereas in vitreous detachments they last only a second or less.

Why don't you see if you can get in to see the Eye MD sooner. And ask why the first Yag Capsulotomy didn't work.

JCH III MD
Thank you for your quick reply. I do want to get to see the specialist as soon as possible but it is next to impossible to change an app't here. But I will pursue the urgency of the situation.

YN
_________________________