Eye Care Community
eye flashes and sinus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

eye flashes and sinus

hello my name is helen hutton and i am looking for answers for what could be causes my eye flashes.
they have gotten so bad that they can happen up to a couple of times a day they start off with a little white line then escalates until there is lots of colours  flashing, zig zaging in one eye then in both eyes until it blocks my vision.
i have had my eyes checked and the optomitrist said my eyes are perfect with no retna damage or any emmaculate degeneration in either eye. i suffer fron chronic sinus and panic disorder could this be causing it or could bloodsuger levels cause this?
i have a floater in my eye and i have a feeling that these might light up some how and cause these flashes
if not what else could be causing this problem and is there anything that could help stop them?
my friend told me that brain tumars can cause this and it has given me quite a scare so if this is unlikely or other causes please let me know.
thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon regarding this matter.
Helen hutton
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
If the zig zags last 5-30 minutes or more then you may be having eye migraines, or classic migraines.

You need to see an eye MD ophthalmologist physician. Find one near you at www.aao.org

Use the search feature and read about eye migraines and TIAs.

JCH MD
Blank
hi i live in the bush so its hard to get anywhere  if these are migranes (migraines) would these occur every day?
thank you for your time
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes, lovely country the Australian outback. Yes migraines (with or without headache) can occure everyday, espcially if you are a young female on birthcontrol pills. Atypical serious disorder is another cause. Maybe there is an ophthalmlologist or neurologist in Alice? Maybe the flying doctors have one that flies in?

JHaganMD
Blank
thank you very much can you tell me exactly how visual migranes (migraines) appear?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Go to Google IMAGES  type in ophthalmic migraine. It will bring up the many many forms of visual images that eye migraines can cause. There are many forms but typical are "zig-zags, pulsating lights, 'like looking through heat waves/water fall", 'like looking at a light bulb then looking away', part of the field of vision is missing, spinning or twirling like a ceiling fan"  these are typical descriptions. A picture is worth a 1000 words to Google image it.

JCH MD
Blank
Dear Dr Hagan,

In the evening sometimes a relative of mine sees flickering lights in both eyes in the peripheral vision. They worry her, she also sees floaters during the day (sometimes). What may be the cause of these disturbances? Thank you very much
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
There are a variety of causes with the most common being vitreous traction. She needs to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist to be sure its not anything serious.  Find one near here at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank