Eye Care Community
eye floater treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye floater treatment

What do you think of this previously posted way to treat eye floaters? How safe are those ingredients?

Previous posting:
Here is one persons solution and we hope it will help you.  Many have tried it and have wrote to tell us that it has helped them tremendously. This information is not medical advice.  We always suggest that you see an eye doctor to confirm your floaters are
harmless. Good Luck and let us know how it works for you.  
Take the following items DAILY without fail...  
1.  10 Apple Pectin Tablets  
Take these throughout the day, not all at one time or take 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening.  You will notice that your eyes will water more than normal.  These tablets are the whole fiber of apples and cannot hurt you unless you of course are allergic to apples. These can be found at most vitamin and health food stores.  Read the directions on the bottle and add a few to the recommended doses as some are stronger than others.  The one I take states take up to 10 tablets a day.  Apple pectin helps Chelate heavy metals that can circulate through the eyes.  Make sure you drink at least one 16 oz glass of water each time you take a dose of the apple pectin.  
2.  L-Methionine  
Take as directed on the label and on an empty stomach.  Do not take this with milk. To help effectiveness take 50 mg vitamin B6 and 100 mg vitamin C to help absorption.  This also helps chelate heavy metals.  
3.  Oxy-5000 Forte  
Take as directed on label. This is a potent nutritional antioxidant for health and stress that destroys free radicals.  
4.  Vitamin A  
50,000 IU daily, this can be taken as beta carotene which is much safer to use as you can take too much vitamin A. If you are pregnant do not take more than 10,000 IU per day. This vitamin is needed for all eye disorders and those who are noticing night blindness may benefit from this as well.  
5.  Take a good Multivitamin with antioxidants  
Usually this is only one a day and will help fill what ever vitamin deficiency you may have. Check to make sure you are not over taking vitamin A.  
6.  Drink lots of water with all the above vitamins you should be drinking at least eight 8oz glasses of water a day.  
We are not giving medical advice and are not doctors.  This remedy has helped several people completely get rid of floaters.  In some cases this has lightened floaters to the point
of forgetting about them.  We hope this will help you and if it does please bookmark this page and come back to tell us your results.  The normal time span for the above vitamins to work is between 2 days and 2 weeks so the results are quick.  You will first start to notice that the floaters are lighter.  Your
sensitivity to light is less noticeable.  Then the floaters either disappear completely or fade to almost nothing.  One important note here is if you stop taking all the above vitamins the floaters usually come right back .  Some may have to take these ingredients for the rest of their life.  The positive side is that you are not taking drugs and you are not going through
surgery and it is a small price to pay to see again.  
NOTE:  It is normal to see a few floaters at times, but if you suddenly see a large number of them, consult an ophthalmologist. This may be a sign of developing retinal detachment.  Delaying treatment can result in a detached retina requiring lengthy surgery.    

This discussion is related to Floater treatment.
None of those things has any basis is evidence based medicine.

I've had floaters for 40 years. If there were a cure I would avail myself of it.

JCH MD
I am also very eager to find a cure. I'm currently 21 and have had eye floaters since I was 16.
I looked in many [url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url] websites and haven't found any definitive cure... they all recommend surgery but I don't want surgery..
-