Eye Care Community
eye floaters and seeing things in dark

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye floaters and seeing things in dark

i got eye floaters. heeaps a few weeks ago but now only occasionally
when im in bed and its dark i can look at the wall and sometimes see red, purple, blue ish type colours but theyre like kind of sparkly and if i blink really hard, i can see them for half a second after i open my eyes
theres this other thing to, kinda like a floater butits tiny like a period/full stop on a page ( . ) and has a bit of a yellow surrounding thats really narrow and adjacent to the black dot thing and i think when i close my eyes i see the same but inverted colours (white full stop and purple surrounding) there is only one of them. it doesnt move like a floeter it follows my eye exactly wherever i look but in my peripheral. i heard my friend say that if you see a dot and it gets bigger evry day your goin blind.. is that what im seeing?

am i going blind

ps. havnt seen a doctor optometrist dude and i dont really want to
im 14, light-ish brown eyes, male
You need to tell your parents about what's going on and ask them to take you in to see an ophthalmologist eye MD. They can find one close to you at www.aao.org

Here's a lesson in life. You will often have to do things you don't want to do.

JCH MD