Eye Care Community
eye floaters

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye floaters

I'm only 16 years old and I just got eye floaters a few months ago now, and they are ruining my life. Is there anything to cure them other than surgery and laser treatment or at least to make you see them less often. A lot of people say there isn't cure for it but I heard those herbal and those other eye drops from Italy cure them for good, but it takes time. And does anyone know any other things to cure them or make them better?
Use the search feature and archives to read the extensive discussions of floaters and people that feel like you do.

JCH MD
One thing that Dr. Hagan forgot to mention:

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON HERBAL PILLS OR SPECIAL EYE DROPS THAT CLAIM TO CURE FLOATERS. THEY ARE TOTAL SCAMS AND WILL DO NOTHING EXCEPT MAKE YOU BROKE!!!!
Are laser treatments for floaters also a scam?

Wouldn't ttreating the viscous with YAG laser help to accellerate the liquification of the vitrious and thus cause the floaters to settle below the line of sight?
so all none of the eye drops and other things work? And there's no way to cure them other than just ignoring them?
Currently, Yag and vitrectomies, for floaters only, are NOT the standard of care.
Yag only breaks down really huge floaters into smaller ones so it doesn't completely rid you of them.
Vitrectomy will remove most of the floaters, but there is no guarantee that all of the floaters will be removed.

Both procedures have risks and have yet to outweigh the benefits they provide. Some people here who have had a Yag for floaters now complain that instead of few giant floaters they now have many tiny floaters. There are also a few people here who've had a vitrectomy for floaters and they regret it as it has caused problems like inflammation of the macula. You may find some doctors willing to treat with either of these methods but they're hard to find. Also, the cost may be expensive as insurance may not cover the expenses since the procedures for just floaters is not the norm.

So, really there is NO SURGERY OR PILL OR EYE DROP THAT WILL 100% CURE FLOATERS. The only thing possible is to just deal with it and hope they settle out of your line of vision or that your brain will adapt to them.

There is a drug that is being tested right now that will help the vitreous completely liquefy. Again, take Dr. Hagan's advice and search the site for more info before asking more questions as much has already been discussed about this topic.
there's a drug that helps cure them? what's it called?
Injection to liquefy the vitreous.  Check it out:
http://www.revoptom.com/index.asp?page=2_14068.htm

Here's the MedHelp Eye Forum thread:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Dr-Hagan/show/982396
has this worked on people and it cured them for good?
The clinical trial is in progress.  http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00664183?term=NCT00664183&rank=1
Do you know if they sell this in Sault Ste Marie? And how much does it  cost?
Sorry.  I don't know.  I suspect that it is not available yet even in the US.
oh ok
Check out vitreosolve on their web site:  http://vitreoretinaltech.com/vitreo1.html
hi i have heard theres a new cure being done i am in england coventry and have really bad floaters please tell me more and i can ask my gp