Eye Care Community
eye lid twitching after surgery, why need eye drops for so long

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I just had my Alcon Toric IOL implanted in my left eye 5 days ago. My vision was 20/20 next day. Contrast is amazing good and colors are vivid and vibrant. Just my eyelid twitches from time to time. Not very serious but it is there. Will it goes away eventually? Before implant, my eyelid was OK.

Eye MD Prescribed 3 different eye drops (Zymar, Diclofenac and Prednisolne) for me. I have no problem with Zymar, But for Diclofenac and Prednisolne, my eye felt stinging and etching for 3 to 5 minutes. I feel like to rub my eye, but I can not do it  Zymar is an antibiotic and it will be stop pretty soon. I have to use last two eye drops for next three weeks. I can bear with the side effects but it is annoying. My left eye feel OK now. I wonder why need to instill last two eye drops for so long.
I do not believe the twitching is related to the surgery.

Dr. O.