Eye Care Expert Forum
eye lightning

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye lightning
Doctor,

After a short migraine ocular bout 5 days ago,I noticed just in my left eye sight,when I move my eye up fast, theres this little lightning  half an arc that stays in the same place all the time,just below my stright ahead vision.It's weird because its always there,not like the ocular zigzag on the migraine which only lasts 30 minutes.I only notice it in the lit up areas.Its a little lightning arc that dissappears as fast as it appears so its not always constantly there and after 3 days it hasn't gone away so now I get a little nervous .This is only in my left eye because when I close my left eye anad try the up and down mpvement on my right eye ,I dont see it but when I close my right eye and do the movement on my left,its there and it seems it happened since that last migraine bout I got.

Help me,thanks

Sam
Dear sam755

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine whether you have a vitreous detachment and any other retinal issues.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California