Eye Care Community
eye moles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye moles

I have been to several doctors including specialists. I have a 14 year old that has a mole on the outside and is in her eye as well. She also sees a black spot from time to time and she is having trouble with blurred vision. The doctors say they have never seen it before and they all take pictures of it. Nothing has been done about it yet. One doctor said it could be Meloma. It is getting to be a darker color and it is more noticable now. Is this cause for concern? The last doctor said that he would have to send her somewhere else but is really not sure. I am waiting now and we are very worried ablut this.
Tags: moles
Most internal moles in the eye (nevus) are benign. Eye melanoma are relatively rare compared to skin melanoma and are also less likely to metastasize.

A mole on the outside and on the inside of the eye can sometimes be the Nevus of Ota.

You child should see a pediatric ophthalmologist or a retinal ophthalmologist.  In most cases all that is needed is a yearly eye exam by them.

JCH III MD