Eye Care Expert Forum
eye movement pain with severe headache

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye movement pain with severe headache
I am a 27 year old male. All  of the sudden about two days ago I started getting pain behind my eyes when I moved them or tried to look out the corner of them.  No over the counter meds helped take the edge off at all. Then today It seemed like the pain got worse. Now its not a burning or a sharp pain, its almost a pressure kind of pain in the back of my eye ball socket and its in both eyes.  
I suggest you make an appointment to see an EyeMD ophthalmologist.  Possible causes include sinusitis, migraines, cluster headache, dry eyes, uveitis, keratitis, scleritis, hypertension and others.  Good Luck.  In the meantime try artificial tears hourly and maybe some tylenol until you see the doctor.

MJK MD