Eye Care Community
eye pain and redness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye pain and redness

I am a 33yr old female and over the last year I have episodes of severe eye pain with redness. I have had numerous lab work done and each time my SED rate is elevated. I've been to two different eye doctors and have been referred to a rheumatologist. After seeing the rheumatologist he recommended I go back to the eye doctor and the eye doctor recommended I go back to rheumatologist . I keep getting passed back and forth and still am not sure why I have inflammation in my eyes. I'm not having any other symptoms just the horrible pain in my eyes and redness.  When I used the steroid eye drops it seems to be better but really want to know what is triggering this eye pain and redness.
Do you have scleritis? If so cause is unknown.  Treatment is steroid drops.

Dr. O.