eye pain when eye is pushed in or rubbed
Whenever I rub my right eye and it pushes my eyeball in, even if it is a slight rub, the pain is unimaginable. It feel like there is a needle in there. I thought maybe a sty under my lid, but last night, i rubbed the eyeball itself and it hurt so bad and it took a while for it to go away. I went to the opthomologist who didn't see anything. I had a complete check up. he gave me a lubricant and said to try not to rub it. the problem is with allergies this eye constantly tears and sometimes in my sleep i'll rub and the pain wakes me up. i feel like it may be under the eyelid but am not sure since, i held my eyelid open and pressed slightly on the eyeball and I almost hit the ceiling. do you think an ct scan or mri will show anything. he said if it keeps hurting he'll send me to an eye specialist. my eyeball doesnt hurt when i dont touch it only when it it is rubbed.
This is a corneal or lid problem and you do not need a MRI.

Some corneal problems like a recurrent erosion needs three to six months to heal without recurrence.  

Use a shield a night to prevent rubbing.  F/u with you ophthalmologist.
I have this exact same problem! Once or twice a year I will rub my right eye and all of a sudden ill get a sharp pain in the eyelid and it will continue to hurt and water for upwards of an hour. I've since learned that if I take ibuprofen right away and close my eyes and relax for 10-15 min the pain will go away more quickly. My eyelid is more sensitive to touch for several days afterwards and I can't wear contacts or really touch my eyelid at all. But a few days later everything is back to normal and the problem doesnt happen again for months or even a year or more...then one day (usually in the morning) I forget to be careful, rub my eye a little too hard and BOOM!--major eye pain again.  What is this and how can I prevent it?  Anyone??
I get this same thing but it happens to me a lot. I'm now aware of what triggers the pain so I try hard to avoid it (which is pressing down on my eye). Like you, it's my right eye too. The pain is so intense, I just want to hit a wall. It even makes me cry. I have no idea what's causing it and I'm scared to go see a doctor about it. I know I need to cause I don't want to lose my vision.
i have the same problem but its in my left eye and its only sometimes, its ok at the min but i can guarentee it'll be back by next month also with me sometimes when i wake up and open my eyes it is unbareable so have to shut them again then keep blinking until my eye is used to it
let me know if any1 finds out what it is and how to cure it plz