Eye Care Expert Forum
eye prescription
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
eye prescription
I'm 28 years old and everytime I go for my annual eye test my prescription is higher and higher. My prescription is now -7.00 in each eye!!! My eye doctor tells me that my eyes are heathy. What (if anything) can I do to stop this from happening? Nobody in my family has a prescription as high as me. I don't want to go blind!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488_tn?1310696703
Calm down Mrs MaGoo you're just myopic or near-sighted. It doesn't end in blindness and sooner or later the prescription stops progressing. There is nothing you can do to stop it. It's like a kid that really grows fast and the mom wants the kid to stop at 6 foot tall and not go to 6 foot 5 inches. You just can't put the brakes on.

See and Eye MD ophthalmologist every year for an exam. You might also see a Eye MD that specializes in refractive surgery. At -7.00 you are on the border of what can be corrected with LASIK.

JCH III MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
711220_tn?1251894727
Sharper Vision Centers
Torrance, CA
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker