Eye Care Community
eye problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye problem

i cant see properly using my right eye. Every straight line i look at including statements, letters and numbers just become blurry and wavy, especially the one that i have been focusing to. also when i blink that same eye, i actually see a black circle in the middle, i dont know what's happening. when i went to an opthalmologist he told me that my right eye increased its grade from 125- 175 and told me that there's probably swelling inside my retina.I asked him for the cause bu the just told me that it's a big questionmark. He prescribed me with an eye drop called pred forte, actually using it now but im still not satisfied with what he said.

it's really bothering me and i need an explanation.
You should make an appointment  with an Eye MD that specializes in the retina.  There will be some in Manila and on the staff of Medical schools.  No way to make a precide diagnosis but hopefully it can be helped.

JCH MD

manila is far from where i am staying right now. I just don't know if there's a retina specialist near my place. I'm actually planning to go to another doctor because what is happening  to my eye bothers me a lot. I just want to know the possible reasons why im experiencing this one.
Suggestion.
Go  to Manila, now.

Don W.
Likely you have a macular problem, you need an OCT, you need a retina MD ophthalmologist. Some of these things can be helped. Some of these things effect both eyes. Make every effort to get to the nearest retina MD.  If you saw an Eye MD then ask him/her to arrange to see one.

JCH MD
Dear Dr. JCH,

The dark spot, to me. indicates possible blood, a bleed.
Since blood is opaque.

If a bleed, Lucentis might help.
But, in those cases, moving sooner is much better than moving later.

(Non prof opinion).

Don W.

.
=
I went to another opthalmologist yesterday to have my eyes checked again..he told me that he'll gonna refer me to a retina specialist because he believes that my right eye is suffering from macula degeneration. unfortunately the retina optha we have here in our place will resume his clinic next year jan 4. So I guess I''ll have to wait again. However It's a good thing that I am having clearer idea on what's happening.
Chasen:  Look on this page  there is a section "Today's Pulse" you choose papers by clicking on the blue dots. Click till you see an article on Macular Degeneration and read it. NOTE: If you have "wet" macular degeneration waiting could be deletarious (dry type not so). Try and get in as soon as possible.

JCH MD
I am so scared about how serious this could lead, however, i have no other choice but to wait for the retina doctor to resume his clinicing due to holidays *christmas and new year*. After reading the article about macula degeneration, it made me think that i might be having the wet type (please correct me if im wrong) because i have said in my previous posts, i already did 2 check ups with 2 different doctors but both of them gave me the same tests which is the amsler grid, at during the first week, i saw wavy lines at the south east part of the grid, while straight lines to the other parts but when i had this check up a week after, i cant already see anything at the center, its as if there was a black circle in the middle. Also when he used some kind of flash light on my eye, i saw a blue tint reflected on my eye. Also, one thing that i don't understand is why im having this one "if it is really AMD" when in fact i am still 21 yrs old and all the articles ive read usually mentions people 60+ yrs.
Get an OCT test done...this will show your retina and whether or not their is scar tissue blocking your macula (central vision).  I had that and it is called an epiretinal membrane (ERM).  Don't know where it came from, but had to have mine removed with a membrane peel/Vitrectomy.
Not saying this is what you have, but do some research on it so you are prepared when/if the Retina Sp. brings it up.

ERM's cause Amsler grid distortion, blank spots and can reflect when the Dr. shines the light into your eye.  It's like cellophane.